Bobbi Jene Smith and Or Schraiber, former Batsheva dancers and now independent artists in New York City, return to Batsheva with an original work for the ensemble dancers.
Smith and Schraiber combine dance and theater in their work which explores the rhythmic and formal connections between music and movement. In “Fugue In Crimson” they collaborate with the Batsheva Ensemble dancers and with the musician and creator Yonatan Daskal, who has written original music for the work and will perform live on stage.
In the delicate space they have created, they reflect on intermediate states and transitional spaces – between the visible and the hidden, between the front of the stage and behind the scenes, and between what takes place on the surface and what sizzles in the depths.
Please note, this show contains nudity
- Performed by Yontan Daskal and The Batsheva Ensemble season 2022-2023:
Gili Yaniv Amodai, Adi Blumenreich, Maya Botzer Simhon, Emil Brukman, Holden Cole, Lounes Landri, Terrance Matthews, Mermoz Melchior, Roni Milatin, Kylie Miller, Dor Nahum, Sofiia Pikalova, Adi Schwarz, Ido Toledano, Naomi Turnpo, Annika Verplancke
Apprentices: Mika Goren, Niv Kabiri, Ori Mbazbaz, Leann Reizer.
Co-choreographed and danced by The Batsheva Ensemble dancers season 2021-2022:
Yarden Bareket, Maya Botzer Simhon, César Brodermann, Emil Brukman, Nathan Chipps, Guy Davidson, Li-En Hsu, Alma Karvat Shemesh, Roni Milatin, Dor Nahum, Tom Nissim, Danai Porat, Avigail Shafrir, Ido Toledano, Naomi Turnpo, Ofir Yannai. Apprentices: Roy Ariam , Adi Blumenreich, Adi Schwarz, Gili Yaniv Amodai.
- Light Design Nadav Barnea
- Original Score & Live Music Yonatan Daskal
- Singing Coach Daniella Tourgeman
- Text Jonathan Averbuch
- Dialect Coach Stefan Ferry
- Other Music ‘Partita No. 2 in C Minor, BWV 826: I. Sinfonia’ by Johann Sebastian Bach / ‘Monologue’ written by Yoni Averbuch & composed by Yonatan Daskal / ‘La Solitude’ || by Barbara / ‘Mi Par D’udir Ancora’ || written by Georges Bizet, Performed by Enrico Caruso
- Special Thanks Dea Lou Schraiber, Dana Schraiber, Nirit & Amir Schraiber, Jacques Brel, Yoni Averbuch, Shay TRA Litman, Tsachi Sadan, Matan Daskal, Maayan Linik , Enav Raviz Bikovsky
- World Premiere March, 2022 – Suzanne Dellal Centre, Tel Aviv