Summer classes in the spirit of Batsheva for young Israeli and international dance students
The summer course allows young dancers and dance students ages 14-18 from across Israel and worldwide to step into the Batsheva Dance Company studio in Suzanne Dellal, and experience the company’s work methods and repertoire over seven days. The course includes Gaga lessons, the movement language developed by Ohad Naharin, learning pieces from the company’s repertoire, watching an open rehearsal, and meeting the Batsheva Dance Company past and present dancers and artistic team.
The course takes place in age groups, with an emphasis on the deep individual process of each dancer.
- Course lessons are taught alternately in English.
- The course takes place at Batsheva House at the Suzanne Dellal Center in the Neve Tzedek, in Tel Aviv.
- The course is intended for students with a proven background in dance studies.
- The opening of the course is conditional on the number of registrants.
- Admission to the course does not involve entrance exams but proof of a solid background in dance studies, which you will be required to specify in the registration form.
- The course is offered as a complete study package, and it is not possible to register for only a part of it.
For more information you can send an email to [email protected]
Scholarship on a socio-economic basis
Batsheva Dance Company awards scholarships on a socio-economic basis. For more information and submission criteria, please contact: [email protected]
* The number of scholarships is limited and therefore applications that meet the company’s scholarship distribution conditions will be approved until the end of the scholarship quota.
Excellence scholarships will be awarded to a number of participants, at the end of the course, according to the choice of the company’s professional staff.